Effective Date: February 21, 2016
Assurance Title Services, Inc. (“ATS”) respects the privacy and security of your non-public personal information (“NPI”) and protecting your NPI is one of our top priorities. This Privacy Statement explains ATS’s privacy practices, including how we use NPI received from you and from other specified sources, and to whom it may be disclosed. ATS follows the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement and, depending on the business performed, ATS may share information as described herein.
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing NPI about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of ATS.
Personal Information Collected:
We may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, tax identification number, asset information, and income information;
- Information we receive from you through our Internet websites, such as your name, address, email address, Internet Protocol address, the website links you used to get to our websites, and your activity while using or reviewing our websites;
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from affiliates or others with services performed by us, our affiliates, or others, such as information concerning your policy, premiums, payment history, information about your home or other real property, information from lenders and other third parties involved in such transaction, account balances, and credit card information;
- Information we receive from consumer or other reporting agencies and publicly recorded documents; and
- Information we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent or lender.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We may provide your NPI (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Disclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
- To insurance companies, agents, brokers, representatives, support organizations, or others to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To third-party contractors or service providers for the purpose of determining your eligibility for an insurance benefit or payment and/or providing you with services you have requested;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation;
- To companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements and/or
- To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
We may also disclose your NPI to others when we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or property and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
We do not disclose any NPI about you with anyone for any purpose that is not specifically permitted by law. We restrict access of your NPI to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your NPI. We do not disclose Personal Information about our customers or former customers to nonaffiliated third parties, except as outlined herein or as otherwise permitted by law.
Access to Personal Information/ Requests for Correction, Amendment, or Deletion of Personal Information:
As required by applicable law, we will afford you the right to access your Personal Information, under certain circumstances to find out who your Personal Information has been disclosed to, and request correction or deletion of your Personal Information. However, ATS’s current policy is to maintain customers’ Personal Information for no less than your state’s required record retention requirements for the purpose of handling future coverage claims.
For your protection, all requests made under this section must be in writing and must include your notarized signature to establish your identity. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests. Please send requests to:
Chief Privacy Officer
Assurance Title Services, Inc.
901 Witzel Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54902 USA
Changes to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws. When we amend this Privacy Statement, we will post a notice of such changes on our website. The effective date of this Privacy Statement, as stated above, indicates the last time this Privacy Statement was revised or materially changed.